1. - Jennifer Lopez, Anaconda, 1995. No great loss. For her. Or us.
2. - Ashley Judd, Kiss The Girls, 1997. Involved in the project in April 1996, she was due to make it during her next hiatus from The X Files.
3. - Linda Fiorentino, Dogma, 1999. Kevin Smith's first choice for Bethany.
4. - Julianne Moore, Hannibal, 2001. Scully had no wish to be Starling when Jodie Foster passed on reprising Clarice in the (first) Hannibal Lecter sequel
5. - Ashley Judd, Helen, 2009. Gillian was not free for this study of “suicidal depression.” Good thing for Ashley - because when she suddenly had appendicitis, she happened to be shooting in... a hospital.
6. - Melissa George, Hunted, TV, 2012. The X-Files meets Spooks. Mulder and Scully’s creator Frank Spotnitz was trying to dream up something to make with the Kudos combine, when he ran into Gillian - visiting LA from her London home - and she also asked if he’d be interested in a UK series. This time he had the answer but Gillian had flown to other gigs. Melissas (from Alias) took over as Sam Hunter, of the Byzantium private intelligence agency - now hunted herself and not knowing who to trust.