1. - Dimple Kapadia, Ajooba, India, 1991. They had last worked together in 1986 and “Puppy” was not keen on co-starring again with megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
2. - Madhuri Dixit, Beta, India, 1992. The Bollywood queen felt she was making too many films with Anil Kapoor. And so, a new Bollwyood star is born...
3/4 - Kajol and Shilpa Shetty, Baazigar, India, 1993. Sridevi was invited to play a dual role in the thriller. Then, director Abbas-Mastan (aka co-directing brothers Abbas Alibhai Burmawalla and Mastan Alibhai Burmawalla) got two other actresses realising audiences would hate Shahrukh Khan’s hero “if he killed Sridevi.”
5. - BD Wong, Jurassic Park 1993. The proof of being a Bollywood queen is refusing an offer from mighty Steven Spielberg. Well, she was hardly going to take time off a burgeoning career for a minor role.... (Spielberg signed Bollywood villain Amrish Puri for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1984).
6. - Maniksha Koirala, Yugpurush: A Man Who Comes Just Once In A Way, India, 1998. Sridevi agreed to a first time teaming with the controversial Nana Patekar - and then didn’t. Because of her role. “I’ve developed a mental block against playing a prostitute. I get uncomfortable - I won't be able to do full justice to the character.”
7. - Manisha Koirala, Market, India, 2003. Among the veterans asked to play the courtesan Muskaan Bano. The following year, “Puppy” made her 261 films in 38 years. Some puppy!